Oh, this salad is wonderful. It features a raspberry vinaigrette dressing and candied walnuts. A perfect party salad.
- 3 bosc pears
- 1/2 pound fresh baby leaf spinach, washed and dried
- 1 cup blue cheese, cut into small cubes
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup basalmic vinegar
- 1 Tbs raspberry jam, no sugar added
- 1/2 cup candied walnuts
- Cut the pears into bite size pieces.
- Place in a bowl and sprinkle with lemon juice. Place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Tear the spinach into bite size pieces. Don't make them too small. Place in large bowl.
- Add the pears the blue cheese and gently mix. Add the pears and and walnuts and mix again.
- Mix the vinaigrette by whisking the olive oil, vinegar, and jam together.
- Just before serving whisk again and addthe vinegarette to the salad. Toss well.
Bella Italian Food Recommends
Misty Meadows Red Raspberry Spread--This raspberry spread has no sugar added, so you only taste the fruit. It is perfect for desserts, breakfast, and salad dressings. Once you taste the difference you will never want sugary jams again.