This is perfect summer pasta. It is a fresh-tasting sauce that needs no cooking.
- 1 16 ounce can artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp oregano
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 pound linguine
- Pecarino-Romano cheese, freshly grated
- Slice the artichoke hearts into quarters.
- Mix the artichoke hearts, olives, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, red pepper, pinch of salt, and a few grindings of black pepper in your pasta serving bowl.
- Refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Bring the sauce out of the refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature.
- Cook the pasta al dente.
- Combine the pasta and sauce in the pasta bowl and toss well. Serve immediately with cheese on the side.
Noted: You may want to add shrimp, hard salami, or cooked chicken.
Bella Italian Food Recommends
Artichoke Hearts, 12/14ct, 14 ounce
Imported from the province of Murcia, Spain, come these hand selected artichoke hearts. Artichokes, the buds of a large plant from the thistle family and among the most versatile foods of the vegetable world. Serve chilled in salads, marinate in olive oil vinaigrette and serve on an antipasto platter, dip in a batter and fry crisp as an appetizer. They are also wonderful when pared with chicken, pasta, beef, salmon, lamb, sole, or on a pizza.