This pasta dish is easy to make. The flavors and textures offer interesting contrasts. You have the cool sauce and the hot pasta, with shrimp and feta cheese offering wonderful warm weather flavors.
- 1 pound medium shrimp, cooked, shelled, deveined, and chilled
- 1 pound feta cheese
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 Tbs oregano, minced
- 1 Tbs parsley, finely chopped
- 3 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 pound pasta, cooked al dente
- Combine the shrimp, feta cheese, onion, oregano, parsley, tomatoes, olive oil, lemon juice, and black pepper in a large bowl.
- Let the sauce rest for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Combine the cooked pasta and the sauce in a serving bowl, toss well. Serve immediately.
Note: Be certain that you thoroughly wash the green onions. If you want to be certain that there are no hepatitis A or E. Coli risks from eating green onions cook the onions first in a little olive oil. Place them in refrigerator and allow them to become thoroughly cold before adding them to the sauce.
Green onions should have crisp and a bright green color with no signs of wilting. Use green onions as soon as possible, or store in a plastic bag for up to two days.
Bella Italian Food Recommends
Ciao Pomodoro Ciao Pomodoro Pasta Bowl Set 5-pc.
You need a good pasta serving bowl. This is is attractive and economical. The serving bowl is a large 3 quart size. Large enough to mix your sauce and pasta together. The individual bowls are appealing with a tomato in the center and herbs around the edges. A great starting set.