Creating a scrapbook takes time. However, there are some things that you can do to save time and get more layouts in your scrapbook.
Here are some time saving organizing tips.
1. Create a tote or box with the tools you are always needing. The cutter, adhesive, ink, pen, pencil, ruler, scissors, tweezers, eraser, eyelet tools, etc. This kit will be perfect for working at home or on the go. Everything in one easy to find place.
2. If you have your supplies organized it will speed up the progress of scrapbooking later on. Spend a bit of time getting organized now to save time later. Put like items in a container. Pattern paper together, cardstock together, etc. Later you might also want to sort by color, etc but for now just focus on getting like items together. Stickers and embellishments together.
3. Take some time to print your photos. Try to choose the number of photos that you want for each layout. Planning ahead with photo printing can help you eliminate that time consuming task of figuring out which pictures to toss and which to put in the scrapbook. Save time and money by making that decision of which photos to use BEFORE you send them to be printed.
4. Collect scrapbooking ideas on a Pinterest board or in a notebook. When you are feeling stuck you can turn to these resources to get some inspiration and your creative juices flowing again!
5. Schedule some time to work on your scrapbooks. Some scrapbookers block out a half hour each evening or maybe a half hour a couple evenings a week. Put the date of the next local crop in your calendar and make it a priority.
6. Always clean things up and put things back in their place after a scrapbooking session. The small amount of time it will take you then will pay for itself when you sit back down to scrapbook with a neat and organized scrapbook bag or area.
You will notice many of these tips are centered around organization! Just like anything else in life, when we are organized we are more productive!