- I've learned that I like my teacher because she cries when we sing "Silent Night".
- I've learned that our dog doesn't want to eat my broccoli either.
- I've learned that when I wave to people in the country, they stop what they are doing and wave back.
- I've learned that just when I get my room the way I like it, Mom makes me clean it up again.
- I've learned that if you want to cheer yourself up, you should try cheering someone else up.
- I've learned that although it's hard to admit it, I'm secretly glad my parents are strict with me.
- I've learned that silent company is often more healing than words of advice.
- I've learned that brushing my child's hair is one of life's great pleasures.
- I've learned that wherever I go, the world's worst drivers have followed me there.
- I've learned that if someone says something unkind about me, I must live so that no one will believe it.
- I've learned that there are people who love you dearly but just don't know how to show it.
- I've learned that you can make some one's day by simply sending them a little note.
- I've learned that the greater a person's sense of guilt, the greater his or her need to cast blame on others.
- I've learned that children and grandparents are natural allies.
- I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.
- I've learned that singing "Amazing Grace" can lift my spirits for hours.
- I've learned that motel mattresses are better on the side away from the phone.
- I've learned that you can tell a lot about a man by the way he handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.
- I've learned that keeping a vegetable garden is worth a medicine cabinet full of pills.
- I've learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you miss them terribly after they die.
- I've learned that making a living is not the same thing as making a life.
- I've learned that if you want to do something positive for your children, work to improve your marriage.
- I've learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance.
- I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands. You need to be able to throw something back.
- I've learned that if you pursue happiness, it will elude you. But if you focus on your family, the needs of others, your work, meeting new people, and doing the very best you can, happiness will find you.
- I've learned that whenever I decide something with kindness, I usually make the right decision.
- I've learned that everyone can use a prayer.
- I've learned that it pays to believe in miracles. And to tell the truth, I've seen several.
- I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one.
- I've learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone. People love that human touch - holding hands, a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back.
- I've learned that I still have a lot to learn.
~~ Author Unknown ~~