Research studies cited in the Lancet Medical Journal and Annals of Internal Medicine, point out that exercise and weight management help prevent dementia. There is a direct link between obesity and dementia and a sedentary life style and dementia. There are different reasons as to why exercising and eating right, even making those changes at midlife, could prove to be the best deposit made in your brainís health savings account:
- Circulating fat could directly damage the brain, not only the heart
- Fat could cause the degrading of neurons
- Survival of the Fittest: The body might be designed to wither sooner if it is not actively being used and preserve those of us who are the most useful.
- Variety in the exercise program stimulates the brain.
- If exercise is done in a class or with friends, then there is a social support system