Today we have produced a generation that has no knowledge of how to do anything but go to work and buy what they need or want from a store. Knowledge equals independence, freedom from having to rely on the corporations to produce everything you use in your daily life. It saves huge amounts of money to be able to produce your own food and medicines, capture your own water, make your own clothes and produce a sustainable amount of energy. If we did these things we would have less need to work outside of the home to pay for such items and create the time to truly live.
If you want the freedom to live a stress and debt free life doing these things can help:
1) Learn how to identify wild edibles it is a great way to supplement your food supply. Wild food can be foraged from your neighborhood whether you live in a city or the country. It grows everywhere no matter your global location; there is something edible in your area.
2) Learn how to make your own cleaning supplies out of cheaply bought items like hydrogen peroxide, rubbing alcohol, baking soda, vinegar and castle soap.
3) Learn how to raise small animals in your backyard that can feed your family with little effort and not take much space.
4) Learn how to raise a small style intensive garden suitable for an urban backyard space. It doesn't take a lot of land to raise a lot of vegetables, just a little know-how and effort.
5) Learn to recycle used clothing to make stylish new clothes for your family. Itís a cheaper alternative to buying new fabric and can be quite pretty.
6) Learn how to decorate your home using nature's gifts. Grapevine and dried flower wreaths, decorative gourd bowls and pebble welcome mats are a small sample of the possibilities.
7) Learn to make mouthwatering meals from wild edibles and your gardens harvest.
8) Learn to preserve your gardens harvest by using several different methods.
9) Learn how to scale down your energy consumption, use alternative sources of energy and create your own sustainable energy source.
10) Learn how to capture rain water and store it for future use for bathing or irrigation purposes.
With a little imagination and creativity you can overcome any situation or need your family is currently experiencing. Most of the time all it takes is a little effort and your time.
If you are currently seeking to become more green and sustainable I would love to hear from you. If you have problems that need green solutions feel free to ask and I will try to give suggestions that can help you to become free to live green, sustainable and stress free.