This recipe is a healthier take on potato chips, using fresh herbs and olive oil for a fuller flavor experience.
- 6 russet potatoes
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 stalk fresh rosemary
- 1 cup fresh sage leaves
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tsp salt
- 3 tsp black pepper, fresh ground
- Peel and wash the potatoes. Cut into thin slices using a mandolin.
- Divide the potatoes into three groups.
- Mince the basil leaves and mix with 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp black pepper, and 1/3 cup olive oil.
- In a bowl mix the basil-olive oil mixture with the potatoes. Mix well coating all the potato slices on both sides.
- Lay the basil-olive oil coated potatoes on a cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Bake at 375F for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown. All slices will not cook at the same rate. This is okay.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Repeat this process with the rosemary and then again with the sage.
Note: These potato chips pair well with Grilled Italian Hamburgers. For a fun twist experiment with blue potatoes and red potatoes.