Lasagna Roll Ups are the answer for your pasta blues! Each lasagna noodle is layered with a three cheese and spinach filling, which is easily mixed together while the pasta noodles boil. After the noodles are layered and rolled, they are baked to perfection in your favorite pasta sauce.
- 1 box of lasagna noodles (the no boil noodles will NOT work for this recipe)
- Your favorite marinara sauce
- 1 cup of Ricotta cheese
- 1 cup of shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 5 oz. of frozen spinach, thawed
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil pasta noodles according to package directions. After noodles have cooked, drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Rinse and drain the spinach.
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese and spinach. Mix well.
- Spray a casserole dish with a non stick cooking spray.
- Pour a layer of marina sauce in the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Place one noodle on a flat surface (a cookie sheet or cutting board will work fine). The noodle will be very slippery, so handle with care.
- Spread one layer of the spinach and cheese mixture over the entire pasta noodle.
- Roll the noodle forward, until it's rolled from one end to the other.
- Place the rolled noodle in the casserole dish, making sure the seamed side is facing down.
- Repeat this process for the rest of the noodles, placing the rolled up noodles side by side.
- Pour sauce over the top of the rolled pasta noodles.
- Bake for thirty to thirty five minutes.
Tips for this recipe:
- This recipe calls for a basic three cheese and spinach filling. However, you can simply make the three cheese filling, and then add cooked ground beef, sausage, or whatever other ingredients you desire. Any leftover ground beef or sausage that isn't added to the cheese mixture can be placed in the refrigerator or freezer for a future use.
- Using fat free and reduced fat ricotta and mozzarella cheeses greatly reduces the fat and calories in this recipe.