While we loved eating apples for snacks, nothing could beat an Apple Dapple Cake!
This recipe is a fun, delicious one to make for family and friends. Depending on your preferences, you can slightly change the recipe by using different types of apples. I enjoy trying different types of apples in the recipe each time I make it.
Choose whatever type of apples you enjoy most, and then get to baking! If you enjoy this Apple Dapple Cake recipe, then donít be afraid to branch out and try some different apple varieties the next time around.
- 2 cups of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups of oil
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3 cups of chopped apples (any kind, peeled or unpeeled)
- 1 cup of nuts
- 1 cup of light brown sugar
- 1 stick of butter
- ľ cup of evaporated milk
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix sugar, eggs and oil in a large bowl.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, apples, and nuts.
- Bake in a 10 X 18 pan for 45 minutes.
- Cool slightly.
While the cake bakes, bring the topping ingredients (sugar, butter and evaporated milk) to a boil for three minutes.
After the cake has baked, let it cool for five to ten minutes. Pour the topping over the cake, and then cut into individual serving slices.
- This cake turns out very moist, but be sure to cover the remaining slices with tin foil, or place in a plastic container. This helps the cake to stay moist days after it's baked.
- Consider adding a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar or just plain cinnamon just before serving.
- Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream or fat free frozen yogurt for an extra delicious treat.