It's almost that time and the weather is finally below 100 degrees... so we are
gearing up for the trick-or-treat "ers" in our area. So the question is...how would you incorporate Halloween into your Southwest Style?
It's not easy to decorate with fall colors when we live with fall colors all the time.
Because we live in the deasert and don't have fall color changes, decorating for a spooky season is a challenge. Our houses are brown, tan and gold. Our floors are brown, tan and gold. And it's hot still. The evenings are cool... and swimming weather is just about over. I wan't to make my Southwest Style home feel a little like it's having a season change.
So while researching this problem...I came up with some great resources and links to share. I am sure most of them are not what you would consider Southwest Style Halloween Decorations or Party Ideas. I used some of these ideas and tweaked them to reflect our local style. See if you don't come up with some great ideas also.
Wandas Halloween Kitchen
* The Pumbkin Shaped Pizza is so cute. I think I will use the same idea other times of the year with a chilie pepper pizza or cactus pizza design.
Mexicali Beef Stew in Pumpkin Shell
* This beef stew looks great with a little southwest kick. What a great idea to searve the kids just before they head out to spook the neighbors.
Halloween Activities for Kids
* Sometimes the days leading up to Halloween can be like Christmas for kids. They have the costume... but they have to wait. This site has a ton of Halloween related activities for kids.
101 Halloween Ideas
* A ton of short little ideas and tips. Like this one...Use clear food handlers plastic gloves to freeze ice hands to throw in the punch bowl. It will keep it cold and look great!
Kraft Foods Halloween Site
* You won't believe the great ideas this site has. I got lost in all the information and videos.
And if your in Arizona... We have
Ghost Hunter Tours!!! Fun and Freaky!
I hope you have a fantastic Halloween Season and if you live in the Southwest you now have a few ideas for something a little bit different.