Here are several ideas to use if you are throwing a Farm Themed birthday party for your child!
1. Have the partiers make mud! Here are the instructions for this pigpen themed craft:
½ cup of cold water
1 tablespoon cooking oil
2 tablespoons brown tempera paint
½ cup of salt
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 ½ cups of white flour.
Put all of the ingredients in a large bowl and stir them together. Next, turn it out onto the table to knead until it is totally mixed. This really resembles mud and the children enjoy using this mud dough to make shapes, little piggies coated with mud and more!
2. Decorate your home indoors and out for farm fun. Use hay bales, a pond (pool) full of rubber ducks for wading or ring toss games, a red and white checked tablecloth and plenty of farm animal figures and stuffed toys all around.
3. Make a down on the farm themed lunch, including bbq favorites, watermelon, picnic salads and a "chicken feed" snack. To make this simply mix a bag of Chex or other snack mix with mini pretzels and candy corns. Serve the snack mix in clean mini buckets and let the children know they will be snacking on "chicken feed"! Animal crackers in farm animal shapes are always fun, too.
4. Bring in some real farm animals if possible. Pony rides are always a hit. Ask a local farmer to bring some animals for some learning and fun. See if you can arrange a trip to a local farm as part of the party. If you live on a farm this party will be a cinch for you! Be sure to give the children an opportunity to milk the cows and see all of the animals in their daily habitat.
5. Make a super cute Barn Cake with Farm Animal Cupcakes. Find the recipe for this amazing cake at the end of this article.
6. Play a few games of barnyard friendly "Duck Duck Goose"
7. If you wish to add a bit of learning and fun try utilizing the "Pig Lapbook" at the link below. This lapbook can be as comprehensive or simple as you wish, and many crafty children will love creating it. Best of all, it's free!
8. Decorate with farm flair by using cool cow balloons, an awesome farm tractor photo prop for pictures, and neat farm animal treat boxes. These items can be found at the Amazon widget at the end of this article.
9. Webkinz offers some cuddly farm animals, and the Lil Kinz are reasonable party favors. Plus, children can go online with their code to play educational games and have a blast.
10. Read a few farm favorite books to the party group to wind everyone down. Books like Who's on the Farm? by Heather J. Gondek, Mrs. Wishy-Washy's Farm
by Joy Cowell, I Love Farm Animals by Lisa Regan, and Farm Animals by Lucy Cousins are all farm friendly tales.
Have a farm fresh and fabulous party!