Children love to spend time experimenting with different textures. Playing the collage game is definitely a way for them to have fun while learning. Make your own dice to add fun to the game.
Materials Needed :
Two large foam cubes
Cardstock or thin cardboard one piece per child
Bottle of white glue one bottle per child
Collage materials any assortments
Foam alphabet letters- stick on
How to prepare:
1. Make your own dice by using the foam cubes. On one cube, print the numbers from 1 through 6, and draw on dots to match.
2. Give each child a piece of cardstock or thin cardboard as their collage game board.
3. Give each child their own bottle of white glue.
How to play the game:
1. This game is best played with four to six children.
2. Put the collage materials in the middle of the table.
3. Explain that they will each get a chance to roll the dice and add the number of collage materials shown on the dice.
An example of this would be: if they roll a number four on the number dice, and the die lands with the feather showing on top, then the child gets to glue four feathers to their collage page.
4. Let the children continue to take turns rolling the dice and adding to their collage.
5. It works best if each child gets at least four turns (or until the children get tired of the game).
6. Let the collages dry completely before hanging on a bulletin board or the fridge. (Since the glue may need to be quite thick due to the weight and size of collage items, this may take a day or so.)
For older children, you can use real dice, but let them add the numbers and put that many items on their collages.
Teacher Created Resources Foam Blank Dice (20606) to make your own dice, and Fun Express Products - Adhesive Foam Letters (1040 pc) - About 1040 Letters , available from Amazon.
If you dont have a craft store close by, here are the links to get some collage materials from Amazon. Wiggle Eyes Bonus Pack, Touch of Nature 4 to 6-Inch Feather Value Pack for Arts and Crafts, 71gm, Assorted Color Mix, and Fibre Craft Sequins, 3-Ounce, Bright