Cookie Dough Ingredients :
- 1 ½ cups of all purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ cup (1 stick) of light butter
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Soften butter in a saucepan over low heat, or in the microwave.
- Combine sugar and the softened butter in a bowl.
- Add the egg and the milk, and mix well.
- Add the remaining ingredients (baking powder, baking soda, salt, and vanilla).
- Once all the ingredients are mixed together, start adding the flour, ¼ cup at a time.
- After the last of the flour has been thoroughly mixed into the dough, it’s ready to chill.
- Chill the cookie dough by placing it in plastic wrap, and chilling for three hours in the refrigerator, or in the freezer for one hour.
- Sprinkle flour on a cutting board. Roll the dough out to your desired thickness.
- Using a heart shaped cookie cutter, cut out cookies and place them on a greased cookie sheet.
- If you don’t have a heart shaped cookie cutter, use the rims of different sizes of cups and glasses.
- Bake at 350 degrees for ten to fifteen minutes.
Icing Ingredients :
- 1 box of powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of light butter
- 3 tablespoons of milk
- Pour powdered sugar into a large bowl.
- Melt the butter in saucepan over low heat.
- Mix the butter and powdered sugar together.
- Add the milk and vanilla, mix well.
- Spread the icing on the cookies, and decorate with sprinkles.
To personalize each cookie with your favorite saying, follow these simple directions :
- Pour half of the icing into a bowl. Add a few drops of red food coloring and mix unit you reach the desired shade of pink or red.
- Spread a layer of the white icing over the cookies.
- Place the red icing into a plastic sandwich bag, and seal tightly.
- Push the icing down to one corner of the plastic bag.
- Cut a small tip (no larger than the tip of a pencil) off of the corner of
- Using the plastic bag as your pastry bag, write fun message on the cookies by gently squeezing the icing out of the bottom corner, and “writing” on each cookie.