1. This teaching style involves combining five subjects into one central theme each week. What is it called?
A: Five In A Row
Visit www.bellaonline.com/articles/art35712.asp to find out why!
2. This theory stresses the importance of nature and self creation. Technology is not favored when using this teaching method. What is it?
A: Waldorf Method
Go to www.bellaonline.com/articles/art24658.asp to see more about this method!
3. This method of homeschooling is based on no set curriculum and it is very experience based. What is it?
Unschooling is a very relaxed way of teaching your children. Typically there is no set curriculum, and children learn through life experience. An example would be learning about money and math by visiting a grocery store and helping you shop.
4. What is the method that stresses hands on learning and a learning schedule based on your child´´s pace?
Check out the article belwo for more on this style of teaching~ www.bellaonline.com/articles/art60915.asp
5. This teaching style revolves around a combination of tradtional schoolwork and extracurriculur activites, such as co-ops and field trips. Many children schooled by this method attend a homeschool "sch
A: Hybrid Homeschooling
Hybrid Homeschooling tends to be popular amongst families with older children. A set homeschool program can keep consistency for teens, but still allow a homeschool experience. Some participate in online homeschool schools as well, like "IQ Academy"
6. What is the method that uses one topic at a time, generally, and studies all facets of this topic?
A: Unit Studies
Unit studies are a great way to extend one central theme throughout all your homeschool subjects. Similar to Five In A Row, this study typically envelopes all subjects, not just five of them.
7. What is the method of teaching that uses a "Trivium" and tailors learning to a child´´s cognitive development?
A: Classical Education
The "classical" method began in the Middle Ages and is based on the five tools of learning, known as the Trivium. These are reason, record, research, relate, and rhetoric. A good example of this curriculum is offered through Calvert School.
8. What method stresses that students show what they know not by taking tests, but via narration and discussion?
A: Charlotte Mason
Charlotte Mason proponents believe that children deserve respect and that they learn best from real-life situations. Check Ambleside Online for a free curriculum offering, which is comparable to and uses the Charlotte Mason approach.
9. This method stresses the use of the internet to complete coursework and lessons. What is it?
A: Internet Homeschooling
This was easy! Internet schools are popping up everywhere as alternatives to middle and high school experiences in a classroom. Just be sure the school you choose is accredited.
10. This method is comprised of several different curriculum resources.
A: Eclectic Homeschooling
As an Eclectic Homeschooler myself, this method works well for me and others as it allows for creativity and flexibility. The down side to this method is that it entails more work on the part of the teacher, gathering materials and planning lessons.