If you really enjoy seafood then this is one recipe that you should definitely try. Swordfish is extremely meaty and very delicious when left to marinade for a few hours prior to placing it on the grill.
This recipe mentions a few specific ingredients but these can be changed to suit your own tastes if you want something different. For example, you could use lemon instead of lime or mint instead of oregano.
A major benefit of this particular dish is that it is very simple to make and only takes 10 – 15 minutes to cook. There are a couple of wonderful side dishes that accompany grilled swordfish and these will be mentioned in a moment.
Ingredients (serves 4)
4 swordfish steaks weighing half a pound / 8 ounces each
Juice of 2 limes
Ground pepper (to taste)
1. Lightly coat each steak with a small amount of olive oil, lime juice, ground pepper and oregano.
2. Leave to marinade in the fridge for between 6 – 12 hours before cooking
3. When ready, pre-heat the grill to 180°c.
4. The cooking time will vary on the thickness of the steaks but you should grill for approximately 5 – 7 minutes each side.
5. Serve immediately with an appropriate side dish and enjoy.
Tip: Should you want to look at other ways of serving the fish then this does not have to be done in steak form. You could make some swordfish souvlaki kebabs or it could be the main ingredient of a salad.
Ideal Side Dishes
There are a couple of side dishes that work very well with this type of fish and these consist of the following:
• Greek salad – this could include olives, feta cheese, chickpeas, tomatoes and a touch of balsamic vinegar
• Roasted vegetables - a few of the possibilities are potatoes, eggplant, peppers and zucchini
If there is anything else that you would prefer to serve with your swordfish steaks then this would be the chance for you to experiment. The key here is to think colour in order to jazz up what is on the plate.