A tasty twist on stuffed shells featuring cheese and chicken.
- 12 jumbo pasta shells
- 1/3 cup Ricotta cheese
- 2/3 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 Tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Provelone cheese, shredded
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg, freshly ground
- Cook the pasta shells until just before al dente. Cook the shells at a low boil so that they do not tear.
- In a mixing bowl combine the chicken, Mozzarella cheese, Ricotta cheese, egg, garlic, salt, pepper, and parsley.
- Spoon the chicken-cheese mixture into the shells and place them in a baking dish.
- In a sauce pan heat the milk over medium-low heat.
- Add the Provolone cheese and nutmeg to the milk. Stir until the cheese is melted.
- Spoon the sauce over the shells.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake at 350F for 30 minutes.