When time is not always on your side, coming up with a meal that is tasty, filling and doesn’t take hours of cooking is a challenge. This Greek lemon chicken and pasta recipe is a dish that meets these requirements and you might be surprised just how easy it is to make.
The ingredients listed are just a few items that you could use but this is definitely open to interpretation and is a great opportunity to experiment with some truly wonderful flavors.
Ingredients (serves 4 – 6)
4 – 6 skinless and boneless fresh chicken breasts
1 cup of olives
300g / 10.58 oz - 500g / 17.63 oz fusilli pasta
Chopped parsley or mint
1. Take the chicken breasts and coat with a small amount of lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper and rub a small amount of parsley or mint on to the chicken. Cover and leave in the fridge for around 6 – 12 hours.
2. When ready, you will need to pre-heat the grill to a high temperature.
3. Place the chicken in the grill and cook for around 8 – 10 minutes each side, turning once. Before serving, remember to make sure that the juices run clear and the meat is no longer pink inside.
4. Once cooked, slice the chicken into strips or chunks ready to plate with the pasta.
5. Put the desired amount of pasta in a pan and fill with lightly salted, boiling water. Heat gently for about 8 – 10 minutes and drain well. This should be done while you wait for the chicken to finish cooking.
6. Transfer the pasta to a large bowl and lightly sprinkle with olive oil, salt and pepper, a bit more lemon juice and a few more herbs and mix well.
7. Plate up the pasta and put the olives and chicken on top and serve.
Tip: You don’t have to leave the chicken to marinade for the amount of time mentioned but it is tastier if you do. Leave in the fridge overnight and it will be ready for cooking the next day.
If you are looking for something different then this is certainly a recipe that you will want to try. As this dish only takes a small amount of time to prepare and doesn’t cost a fortune to make, you may see this become a regular feature at the dinner table.