This super easy frittata is a fantastic brunch dish or a party pleasing dish. It is filled with spinach and artichokes for a tasty vegatarian meal.
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups 1% milk
- 3 Tbs Dijon style mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 cups seasoned croutons
- 1/2 pound white mushrooms
- 1 red onion
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 10 ounce packages frozen, chopped spinach
- 1 14.5 ounce can artichokes
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1 Tbs flour
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mozarella cheese
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Thaw and drain the spinach. Squeeze to remove any additional liquid.
- Drain and chop the artichoke hearts.
- Clean and slice the mushrooms.
- Chop the red onion.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, Dijon mustard, and nutmeg.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the mushrooms until just tender (aobut 4 minutes).
- Remove the skillet from the heat and add the spinach, artichokes, and flour to the skillet and mix well.
- Spray a 13"x9" baking dish with the non-stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of croutons on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Spread the mushroom-spinach-artichoke mixture over the croutons.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of Mozzarella cheese over the vegetables and croutons.
- Sprinkle the remaining croutons over the cheese.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the croutons.
- Pour the egg mixture over the croutons, cheese, and vegetables.
- Bake at 350°F for 50 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
Note: You can put together the dish and let it sit for two hours before baking. It will make 12 servings. This recipe is vegetarian, low-fat, and diabetic friendly.