The needles are available as sets and as individual tip sets. This offers a knitter many options depending on the amount of money they would like to spend.
- The joins of these needles are sublime, I used cotton, wool, silk/cashmere thread without any snagging at the join of the cord and the tip.
- The cord is flexible, soft and does not tangle nor is it stiff.
- The join never came loose and after approximately 14 hours of knitting they did not need tightening.
- Price may be high. The Zephyr acrylic needles are approximately $45 U.S. for nine pairs of needle tips and four cords. The nickel-plated are $60 U.S., and the wooden Harmony needles are $75 for the same side set. Individual sets are priced between $4 U.S. and $10 per size.
- If you already have many needles you may not want to invest in these.
Knitting with the needles, however was wonderful. I am using Knit Picks™ Comfy Sport cotton yarn, the Harmony 4 mm wooden needles are light, smooth and not too slippery for the cotton yarn. Traditionally, when I knit with cotton I have used bamboo needles, which eventually splinter, but I have seen no sign of any roughness on these needles and am looking forward to finishing my sweater using them.
The biggest con I can come up with is the cost of investing in a new needle set or needles, but if you are just starting out in knitting and have not invested in a needle set or do not have a lot of individual needles these are very possibly the needles for you.
Knit Picks Interchangeable Needles Knit Picks
Disclosure: A sample of the needles were provided by Knit Picks for review purposes. I do not benefit in any way if you purchase needles. For a full explanation of BellaOnline’s ethics and review policy click here..