Sometimes the process of getting ready for a date can be as nerve-wracking as the date itself. Fortunately, however, a little pre-date preparation can work wonders to relieve some of your anxiety and can help you climb to the top of your dating game.
Whether it is a first date with somebody new or just another date night with your partner, being prepared can dramatically improve your chances of having a successful outing with your special someone. Check out the tips below for ideas on how to effectively prepare for a date.
- Look and feel your best - Make a good impression on your date by putting your best foot forward. Be sure to get plenty of sleep the night before your date so that you can be well rested and ready to invest all of that energy into your date. Also be sure that you always use good personal hygiene practices so that you look and smell great. Itís always a good idea to bring some breath mints along so that you will be ready if the mood turns romantic. Try not to go overboard on the smelly stuff though. Keep perfumes, body sprays, and colognes to a bare minimum so that you smell fresh and clean without overpowering your dateís nostrils. Another part of looking and feeling good involves feeling comfortable and confident in your clothes. Try on several different outfits and decide exactly what you will wear with plenty of time to spare.
- Plan possible topics of conversation - Donít just assume that you and your date will have something to talk about. Awkward silences can induce a lot of stress while trying to connect with a romantic interest so do both yourself and your date a favor by trying to come up with possible conversation starters before the date. This is not to say that you should follow a script but simply that you should give it a little thought ahead of time. For ideas on what to talk about, read up on current events that you could potentially discuss or spend some time exploring common dating conversation starters .
- Think positively - One of the easiest and fastest ways to sabotage a date is to assume that it will be a disaster before it has even started. The attitude with which you come into the date will inevitably have influence on how the date goes so make it a point to think and feel positively about it.
- Be on time - Know exactly where you will be going for your date and make it a point to get accurate directions with an estimate of time travel needed so that you can be punctual. Be sure to give yourself plenty of time to get ready beforehand so that you donít risk being late.
- Be ready for anything - Protect your safety by letting a trusted friend or family member know where you will be going and with whom. Make sure to bring enough money with you to cover all potential costs. While on the date, use common sense and limit the amount of alcohol that you consume so that you donít cloud your judgment or make a fool of yourself.