To watch a video for these instructions click here.
½ lb chanterelle mushrooms (or fresh shiitakes)
¾ cup pre shredded carrots
Handful of fresh cilantro
15oz can bean sprouts
1 large green onion
2 tbsp peanut oil
2 tsp jarred pre chopped garlic
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp garlic salt
- Clean the chanterelles by placing them in a large bowl of cold water and wiping them one by one to remove all of the dirt. As you wipe each one clean, dry it with a paper towel and then place it on a paper towel lined counter to dry thoroughly.
- As the chanterelles dry, prepare the other ingredients. Measure out ¾ cup of shredded carrots and set them aside.
- Next, roughly chop the tops of the fresh cilantro, discarding the stems. Then set these chopped leaves aside.
- Open and drain the can of bean sprouts and set them aside. You can always use fresh bean sprouts in place of these.
- Next, rinse the green onion under cold running water and then dry it with a paper towel. Cut off the base and about an inch from the top of the greens and discard. Then slice the remaining stalks into tiny pieces and set them aside.
- In a wok or large non stick pot, heat the peanut oil on high.
- Once the oil is hot, add the pre chopped garlic and stir fry it for 30 seconds.
- Then after 30 seconds, add in the chanterelles and the carrots and stir fry everything for about 3 minutes.
- Then add the bean sprouts and stir fry them for 1 minute.
- After 1 minute add the green onions, cilantro and lemon juice and stir fry everything for 1 more minute.
- Then remove it from the heat, stir in the garlic salt and serve. Makes about 4 side servings.