This mushroom and bean sprout stir fry recipe combines the flavors of green onion, garlic and cilantro to make a great side dish for any meal. For this recipe I used fresh chanterelle mushrooms which add a nice woody flavor to this dish. However you can use either Shiitakes or even white button mushrooms if you choose. Try this mushroom and bean sprout stir fry recipe and let me know what you think in the Chinese food forum found here. Enjoy!
To watch a video for these instructions click here.
½ lb chanterelle mushrooms (or fresh shiitakes)
¾ cup pre shredded carrots
Handful of fresh cilantro
15oz can bean sprouts
1 large green onion
2 tbsp peanut oil
2 tsp jarred pre chopped garlic
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp garlic salt
- Clean the chanterelles by placing them in a large bowl of cold water and wiping them one by one to remove all of the dirt. As you wipe each one clean, dry it with a paper towel and then place it on a paper towel lined counter to dry thoroughly.
- As the chanterelles dry, prepare the other ingredients. Measure out ¾ cup of shredded carrots and set them aside.
- Next, roughly chop the tops of the fresh cilantro, discarding the stems. Then set these chopped leaves aside.
- Open and drain the can of bean sprouts and set them aside. You can always use fresh bean sprouts in place of these.
- Next, rinse the green onion under cold running water and then dry it with a paper towel. Cut off the base and about an inch from the top of the greens and discard. Then slice the remaining stalks into tiny pieces and set them aside.
- In a wok or large non stick pot, heat the peanut oil on high.
- Once the oil is hot, add the pre chopped garlic and stir fry it for 30 seconds.
- Then after 30 seconds, add in the chanterelles and the carrots and stir fry everything for about 3 minutes.
- Then add the bean sprouts and stir fry them for 1 minute.
- After 1 minute add the green onions, cilantro and lemon juice and stir fry everything for 1 more minute.
- Then remove it from the heat, stir in the garlic salt and serve. Makes about 4 side servings.