Your best bet is to pay close attention to his or her interests. Discreetly try to find out what sort of things appeal most to your partner and then use that information to formulate your gift giving plan for the holidays. Just remember that giving a great gift does not necessarily mean having to spend a ton of money. Nothing makes a better impression than a thoughtful gift that shows how well you pay attention to the little things.
Check out the suggestions below for a few holiday gift ideas to help you get the brainstorming process started:
- Monthly Club Memberships - depending on what your partner is into, you might consider signing him or her up for a membership in one of the many “of the month” clubs that are available. If, for example, your partner is a huge fan of beer, wine, cheese, or even chocolate, you can purchase a monthly club membership so that your sweetie can enjoy a new selection every month for a few months at a time or even up to a year, depending of course on how much you are able and willing to spend. There are monthly clubs for just about anything you can think of. Simply conduct an Internet search for “of the month clubs” and you are sure to find plenty of information about the wide variety of options that are currently available.
- Photo Gifts - few things are more romantic than gifts that preserve the cherished memories that you and your partner have built together. From photo books and calendars to jewelry and posters, you can make just about anything using your very own pictures.
- Event Tickets - depending on your partner’s interests, your budget and what sort of attractions are available in your area, consider scoring some tickets to a local sports event, concert, play, comedy club or something else along those lines.
- A Personalized Sentiment - you can personalize just about anything these days. Have your honey’s name embroidered on a bath robe or engraved on the back of an electronic gadget or piece of jewelry along with a romantic inscription. Even a good book with a special inscription from you can make a great holiday gift.
- From the Heart - sometimes the best gifts to give are those that come straight from the heart so if you are low on spending money, there are still ways to show your sweetie how much you care during the holidays without having to break the bank in the process. Consider making something special for your partner. What you make is not really as important as the message that it sends. You can develop a song for your partner, write a poem or draw a picture that represents the way you feel. If you happen to be one of those people who have much more emotion than they do artistic talent, then perhaps you can put together a modern-day mix tape of songs that echo your sentiments or purchase a DVD copy of the first movie that the two of you watched together.