Luckily for families, there is one organization that can help navigate your way through each stage of the adoption process. Lanita Moss is the founder of Birth by Paperwork a dossier preparation, coaching, and consulting service. Moss is an attorney and mom to two internationally adopted children, giving her more than enough experience to help those just starting the adoption process.
For those not knowing what country to adopt from, or what country they can adoption from, Birth by Paperwork provides consultations. These can be extremely helpful in learning the latest up to date information on international adoption. In addition, consultations will help compare the different requirements for each country, so that you can make the best decision for your family.
For those that have already selected the country they want to adopt from, but are overwhelmed with all of the forms, Birth by Paperwork can also be of assistance. However, it’s about more than getting some help with paperwork.
It’s having someone on your side that has been in your shoes, and experienced the highs and lows of the international adoption process. Here’s a list of some of the services provided, as described on their website:
- Obtain certifications and authentication, as required, from county, state, and U.S. entities.
- Obtain authentication from your adoption country’s consulate/embassy
- Assemble your photos for dossier submission
- Obtain birth, marriage and/or divorce certificates as needed (or provide instructions and support to help you secure the documents if regulations restrict third-party access)
- Assistance with obtaining documents that can only be obtained by you; thorough review of documents for accuracy
- Confirm document accuracy with adoption agency
- Scan and email a copy of your completed dossier to both you and your agency
For more information, please visit their website at birthbypaperwork.com.