In a previous article we had a look at Artist Trading Cards (ATCs) and Art Cards, Editions and Originals (ACEOs). In this article, weíll make a vintage-inspired ATC using mostly scraps of decorative paper and a vintage Cupid image. Letís start!
You will need:
* Cardboard measuring 2-1/2 by 3-1/2 inches (a cereal box works fine for this)
* Vintage style floral paper, enough to cover the cardboard
* Old music paper or decorative paper with a similar print
* Page from an old book
* Piece of paper doily
* Scraps of pink gift wrapper
* Vintage Cupid image. This one is from "Old Fashioned Vignettes in Full Color" from Dover Publications. You can also search the Internet for copyright-free vintage images.
* Brown ink pad
* Scrapbook embellishment: fabric flower or lace
* Craft knife
* Cutting mat
* Glue stick or craft glue
Measure and cut the cardboard to 2-1/2 by 3-1/2 inches. Glue the floral paper onto the cardboard, burnish it well to remove air pockets, and trim off the excess.
Cut an oval measuring roughly 2-1/2 by 2 inches from the music paper. Ink the edges of the oval using the brown stamp pad, and then glue the oval onto the middle of the card.
Tear a piece of pink gift wrapping paper and glue it across the upper left hand corner of the card. Trim off the excess. Tear another, slightly bigger piece from the same paper and glue it across the lower right hand corner of the card. Trim off the excess.
Cut a piece of paper doily and glue it to the pink gift wrapping paper at the upper left corner, leaving the edge of the pink paper uncovered. Trim off any excess.
Tear, at an angle, a page from an old book and glue it to the lower right corner, again leaving the torn edge of the pink paper uncovered. Trim off any excess paper.
Carefully cut out the image of Cupid and glue it to the middle of the card. Glue the fabric scrapbook embellishment on the piece of book page.
Finally, ink the edges of the card to give it a time-worn look.
One more thing: donít forget to sign, date and title your ATC, and add your contact info as well!
Buy from Amazon