This chocolate and mascarpone fondue is an easy dessert recipe and it can be used for infinite occasions, from a romantic Valentine’s Day dinner for two to a get together with family or friends, and it will be a success at any of your holiday’s dinner party.
Ingredients and Instructions (serves 4-6):
- 1 pound/450 grams of dark chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 8 ounces/225 grams of Mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup of Amaretto liqueur or other liqueur of choice
- If you have a double boiler as part of your kitchen gear, combine all the ingredients in the top part of it; however, if you don’t, simply use a medium mixing bowl, preferably metal.
- Use a pot of a slightly smaller diameter than your bowl, fill it with water, up to about 1 inch (2 cm) below the level where the bowl would touch it when placed over it.
- Bring the water to a boil, lower the heat to reduce the boil to a gentle simmer and then place the bowl over the simmering water, again being careful that its bottom does not touch the water.
- Stirring often, heat up the mixture until all the ingredients are fully melted and smooth, then remove from the heat, pour into a fondue pot and set the heating temperature on low to avoid sticky or burnt lumps.
- Serve immediately and use as dipping for different bite-size delectables, such as biscotti, small cubes of pound cake, strawberries, sliced apples, bananas and more.
Wine Pairing Note: Pair this chocolate and mascarpone fondue with any Italian Prosecco or sweet wine like Vin Santo, Passito or Zibibbo di Pantelleria.
Enjoy and buon appetito.
Cinzia Aversa, 2014