Whether you come from Australia and are familiar with these delicious treats, or just want to make something different, you’ll find that Anzac Squares will become a favorite, not only because they are so easy, but also because they are so good.
1 cup butter
6 tablespoons honey
6 tablespoons boiling water
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups brown sugar
2 cups rolled oats
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut
1 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup chopped candied ginger
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line an 11 x 17" jelly-roll pan with parchment or spray liberally with non-stick spray.
- Microwave the butter and honey until the butter is melted.
- Mix the boiling water and baking soda; stir into the butter mixture.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and add the brown sugar, oats, flour and salt; mix well.
- Stir in the coconut, almonds, and ginger.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool and cut into 48 squares or bars.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 139 Calories from Fat 65
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 47% Protein 5% Carb. 47%
Nutrient Amount per % Daily
Total Fat 7 g 11%
Saturated Fat 4 g 20%
Cholesterol 10 mg 3%
Sodium 85 mg 4%
Total Carbohydrate 16 g 5%
Dietary Fiber 1 g 2%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 2% Calcium 0% Iron 6%