Josi Kilpack’s Lemon Tart is available through Amazon. I highly recommend it for fun, light reading either on vacation or around the pool. I’m planning to read her other books in the series, too. If you happen to read her book, please let us all know what you think of it on the BellaOnline Desserts Forum; BellaOnline readers will also want your comments on her other recipes, all of which sound fabulous.
Key limes are available at larger grocery stores (I found them at our local Walmart recently). If you can’t find them, or if you don’t have time to juice them since they are so small, substitute regular limes. Since regular lime juice isn’t as tart, reduce the sugar to 1/2 cup.
1 1/2 cups crushed crisp macaroon cookies
1/2 cup toasted almonds
3 tablespoons butter
6 ounces cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup freshly squeezed key lime juice
1 pinch salt
powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line the bottom of a 9" tart pan (1" deep – removable bottom) with parchment; set aside.
- Place the macaroon cookies and toasted almonds in the food processor; process until very fine.
- Add the butter and process until well-mixed.
- Press the mixture evenly on the bottom of the tart pan and up the sides; bake 5 minutes.
- Place the cream cheese, sugar, lime juice, salt, and eggs in the food processor; process until smooth (alternately, whip cream cheese with the other ingredients until smooth).
- Pour into the baked crust.
- Bake the tart 35-40 minutes or until set.
- When cool, remove the tart to a serving platter; sift powdered sugar over, cut into 8 wedges, and serve.
Remove from the oven to a cooling rack.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 384 Calories from Fat 201
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 52% Protein 7% Carb. 40%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 22 g
Saturated Fat 10 g
Cholesterol 115 mg
Sodium 513 mg
Total Carbohydrate 39 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 25 g
Protein 7 g
Vitamin A 12% Vitamin C 11% Calcium 0% Iron 6%