There is a trend right now towards gluten free dishes, and Wicked Witch’s Cauldron Mix just happens to be gluten free (if it’s important, check the cereal labels to make sure each of your brands is). Given that fact, this yummy snack mix can be enjoyed by almost everyone.
2 11 oz. packages butterscotch chips
1 cup butter
2 cups creamy peanut butt
Orange paste food coloring (don't use the liquid kind), (optional)
1 16 oz. package Rice Chex cereal, or Corn Chex cereal
5 cups Corn Chex cereal, or Rice Chex; (Crispix can be used but it contains malt flavoring so it isn’t gluten free)
4 cups fancy mixed nuts (no peanuts)
5 cups powdered sugar
1 pound jelly pumpkins (orange and black)
2 11 oz. packages candy corn, or Autumn Mix with pumpkins
12 ounces M & M candies (Halloween Colors)
12 ounces M & M Peanut candies (Halloween Colors)
- Melt the butterscotch chips, butter, and peanut butter in the microwave, stirring every minute or so until smooth; stir in enough food coloring (if using) to make the mixture a bright orange.
- Mix the cereals and nuts in a large bowl.
- Pour the butterscotch mixture over and stir until well coated.
- Measure the powdered sugar in a large brown paper grocery bag.
- Pour the mixture into the bag, fold down the top, and shake well until well-coated.
- Spread on baking sheets to dry before mixing with the candies.
- This snack mix can be stored in an airtight container for several weeks.
Amount Per Serving (about 2/3 cup)
Calories 331 Calories from Fat 135
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 41% Protein 6% Carb. 54%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 15 g
Saturated Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 7 mg
Sodium 174 mg
Total Carbohydrate 44 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 16 g
Protein 5 g
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 8% Calcium 0% Iron 8%