A light dish, perfect for the spring and summer months.
When I first attended a Laurita family function this salad was served. It has the benefits of being light and fresh. If you're planning a backyard party this salad is always welcome.
- 1 pound cheese tortellini, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 Tbs pimiento, chopped
- 12 ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, undrained
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 8 ounce jar marinated mushroom caps, drained
- 2 tsp fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can black olives, pitted, drained
- 1/2 pound grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook tortellini as directed on the package. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients, except cheese and tomatoes. Stir gently.
- Cover and refrigerate 3-5 hours.
- Just before serving add tomatoes and cheese and gently mix.
Note: You can make this salad the day before.
If you enjoy this salad, try Insalata al Capriccio, a rice salad popular in the Veneto.