Tortellini Salad Recipe
A light dish, perfect for the spring and summer months.
When I first attended a Laurita family function this salad was served. It has the benefits of being light and fresh. If you're planning a backyard party this salad is always welcome.
- 1 pound cheese tortellini, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 Tbs pimiento, chopped
- 12 ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, undrained
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 8 ounce jar marinated mushroom caps, drained
- 2 tsp fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can black olives, pitted, drained
- 1/2 pound grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook tortellini as directed on the package. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients, except cheese and tomatoes. Stir gently.
- Cover and refrigerate 3-5 hours.
- Just before serving add tomatoes and cheese and gently mix.
Note: You can make this salad the day before.
If you enjoy this salad, try Insalata al Capriccio, a rice salad popular in the Veneto.
You Should Also Read:
Insalata al Capriccio - Rice Salad Caprice
Tuna Pasta Salad Recipe
Tomato, Caper and Gorgonzola Salad Recipe
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Paula Laurita. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Paula Laurita. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cinzia Aversa for details.