This is an incredible dish with the taste of fresh lemons and cream.
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 3 Tbs butter
- 2 Tbs lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp lemon zest, finely chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Boil the water for the pasta.
- Put butter, lemon juice, and lemon zest in a skillet over a medium-high heat. After the butter has melted, let the mixture bubble for 30 seconds. Do not let the butter brown.
- Pour in the cream. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until the sauce is reduced by half.
- Remove from the heat.
- After the pasta is cooked, drain and pour into the skillet. Return the skillet to a medium heat and toss the pasta with the sauce.
- Add the grated cheese and toss.
- Serve immediately.
Note:For a special touch add cooked shrimp or lobster to the sauce. Serve with a green salad and a white Italian wine.