Take advantage of your fresh herbs to create this interesting pasta dish.
This pasta dish uses bread crumbs to help the sauce adhere to the pasta.
Spaghettini alle Erbe
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 Tbs parsley, finely chopped
- 3/4 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 3/4 tsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tsp fresh basil, shredded
- 2 Tbs dried bread crumbs
- Boil the water for the pasta.
- Put the olive oil and garlic in a large skillet over a medium-high heat and cook until the garlic just begins to change color.
- Stir in the parsley, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper. After a minute remove from the heat.
- When the past is cooked al dente, drain it and add it to the sauce in the skillet, and return the skillet to a low heat.
- Add the basil to the skillet and toss until the pasta is well coated with the sauce.
- Sprinkle the bread crumbs over the pasta, toss and serve.