Although this pie is great year round, it is especially good at holiday time since most of us are busy shopping, decorating, and wrapping gifts and have better things to do than spend a lot of time in the kitchen. For a festive holiday touch, add a few sprinkles.
Miracle Coconut Custard Pie
2 cups milk
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/3 cup butter
1 cup flaked coconut
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
2 pinches salt
Colored Sprinkles, (optional)
2 cups sweetened whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Spray a 9 pie dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Pour the milk into a blender container.
- Add the eggs, sugar, flour, and butter.
- Blend for 10 seconds.
- Scrape down the sides with a rubber scraper.
- Add the coconut, vanilla, freshly grated nutmeg, and salt.
- Process for 15 seconds.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pie dish.
- Bake until the center of the pie is set and a knife inserted comes out clean, 50-60 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack; Scatter the sprinkles, if using over the pie.
- Serve with the sweetened whipped cream and additional sprinkles.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 283 Calories from Fat 168
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 59% Protein 10% Carb. 31%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 19 g
Saturated Fat 12 g
Cholesterol 147 mg
Sodium 764 mg
Total Carbohydrate 22 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 6 g
Protein 7 g
Vitamin A 13% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 4%