A significant part of the population believes there is a secret to losing weight. This secret is shared by all those trim, fit, skinny, people that you see working out at the gym. Perhaps there is a secret to how to lose weight and keeping the pounds off. Lets explore reasons why some women keep body fat and fail losing weight.
- The top reason that some women do not take off the pounds the way they should is because they are not following basic weight loss rules. Time to take a scientific approach. The average person must burn about 3,500 calories to lose one pound of fat. In order to lose that one pound of fat one must combine exercise with a low calorie diet plan. Most of us often ignore the exercise part and eat more calories than are burned. Consequently, the weight remains the same or even gets higher. Yikes!
- A medical condition might interfere with losing weight. The problem might be anything from hyperthyroidism to a sensitivity to specific food groups. This is the reason why those planning to go on a weight loss plan should get a complete physical checkup.
- Another reason many women fail to reduce body fat and take off the weight is because they do not keep track of their daily calorie intake. It is way too easy to add an extra doughnut or candy bar and forget. That extra snack might add an extra several hundred calories to your well-planned day. Conscientious dieters should realize by now that you must consume fewer calories to lose weight and keep precise daily calorie count.
- Other reasons blocking weight loss might include simply giving up too soon. Let's face facts. Many of us are prone to enormous expectations due to the hype surrounding certain popular weight loss programs and believe that the pounds are simply going to melt off our body in a few weeks or even days. So, it is important to realize that weight loss does not happen over night. Realize that losing weight and body fat successfully might take longer than planned. Medical experts often advise losing about 1 pound per week instead of starving on a highly restrictive diet. Studies also show that those who lose weight slowly tend to keep it off longer.
- Learning about food and proper nutrition is key to successful weight loss. Most women join the latest weight loss program without taking time to learn about healthy eating, proper nutrition, or vitamin requirements. It is vital to the diet to understand about calories, carbohydrates, fiber, protein, and yes . . . vitamins!
Of course, there are dozens of more reasons why women hold on to the body fat far too long. These are a few of the top reasons that delay weight loss. And if we are aware of the road blocks it might be easier to avoid them the next time we try to lose weight fast or slow.