This Italian egg dish is eaten for lunch or supper. It makes a hearty and tasty meatless meal. It resembles an omelet, but is baked in the oven.
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 ounce Pecarino-Romano, freshly grated
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup zucchini, sliced thin
- 1 cup red potatoes, cubed
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves
- In medium size bowl, mix together eggs, cheese, pepper (to taste), and salt.
- Heat 12-inch non-stick, oven safe sauté pan over medium high heat. Add 1 tsp olive to pan. Add potatoes to pan and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove potatoes and set aside.
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil over medium high heat. Add the zucchini slices and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Return the potatoes to the pan.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and stir.
- Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, the egg mixture should be set on the bottom and begin to set up on top.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Place pan into oven and broil for 3 to 4 minutes, until lightly browned and fluffy.
- Serve immediately.
Bella Italian Food Recommends
Zucchini Dark Green (Heirloom)
Forget those plastic tasting zucchini you get in most grocery stores. This is the classic old-fashioned zucchini, a long-time favorite for salads, owlets, and ratatouille. Harvest flowers for batter-fried squash blossoms. For most other dishes, harvest the fruit very young, certainly before it exceeds 8" long. And for stuffing, this variety will produce whopping behemoths to feed an entire family reunion.Lenten meal, Lenten recipe, vegetarian meal