Washing the Face
First, use a soap that is gentle or mild like Basis, Dove, Aveeno, if you have dry skin or skin prone to breakouts. Wash your face in warm water while remembering to avoid the sensitive eye area. Gently lather the soap up and wash the face in a slow circular motion. Afterwards rinse the skin off with warm water. Dry the face with a soft towel. Note:many people like to use one of the many facial washes currently on the market. Try to find one that is chemical free and enriched with vitamins for the skin like Olay gentle Foaming Face Wash with Aloe for sensitive skin. This facial wash foams nicely, has a fresh scent, leaves the face feeling soft and clean and cost less than five bucks! Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser is another product that is quite gentle on the skin and especially good for those with skin blemishes or mild acne. This product gets the skin very clean and feeling dewy soft. Cost less than five bucks.
More Skin Care Tips
- Use warm water to wash the Face. Avoid hot or cold which is too drying.
- Wash face up to twice per day. Washing too often dries the skin.
- Avoid soaps that have harsh chemical ingredients. They dry the skin.
- Use a mild face wash like Olay GENTLE Foaming Wash.
- Use mild soaps like Basis Sensitive Skin Bar or Aveeno Moisturizing Bar.
- Never use abrasive towels on sensitive facial skin.
- Always take the time to rinse the skin completely after washing.
- Use a Moisturizer with at least SPF 15 that is also suited for your skin type.
- Apply moisturizers while skin is still damp to lock in extra moisture.
- Remove all makeup before going to bed. Makeup left on overnight clogs pores.
- Use a nighttime moisturizer to soften skin and fine lines.
- Use a delicate natural scrub to exfoliate skin regularly and renew skin.
- Don't pull on skin when applying makeup. This might cause fine lines or wrinkles.
- Drink lots of water during the day which is good for hydrating skin.
- Spray face with water during the day.