This garlic bread features the sharp flavor of Parmesan cheese.
- 1 long loaf of Italian bread
- 1 stick butter, at room temperature
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 3 Tbs Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1/2 Tbs fresh marjoram, minced
- 1/2 Tbs fresh thyme
- 2 basil leaves, minced
- Cut the bread lengthwise. Score the bread in serving size portions (cut down to but not through the bottom crust).
- Mix the butter with the garlic, cheese, marjoram, thyme, and basil.
- Spread the bread with the butter-garlic mixture.
- Bake in the over for 10-15 minutes at 375F.
- Toast under the broiler for 1 minute.
- Serve while hot.
Note: If you don't have fresh herbs available, use 1/3 of the amount in dried herbs.