These cookies are tasty, toasty and crunchy sesame seed cookies. They could be described as the perfect cookie, flavorful but not too sweet.
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- flour for kneading dough
- oil for cookie sheets
- Mix the flour, salt, and baking powder in a bowl. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Add the eggs and vanilla to the sugar-butter and mix well until fluffy.
- Add the flour 1/2 cup at a time to the egg-butter mixture. Mix well after each addition.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Take small amounts of dough (about 1 Tbs) and shape into little loaves.
- Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Dip each cookie loaf into the milk and then roll in sesame seeds until well coated.
- Place on oiled cookie sheet and bake at 375F for 20 minutes or until browned.
- Remove from the tray and allow to cool.
Note: These cookies are great after a meal. They go well with coffee or anisette. Shhhh, don't tell anyone, they also make a good breakfast cookie. There's less sugar in these cookies than some breakfast cereals.