Sesame Cookies Recipe
These cookies are tasty, toasty and crunchy sesame seed cookies. They could be described as the perfect cookie, flavorful but not too sweet.
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- flour for kneading dough
- oil for cookie sheets
- Mix the flour, salt, and baking powder in a bowl. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Add the eggs and vanilla to the sugar-butter and mix well until fluffy.
- Add the flour 1/2 cup at a time to the egg-butter mixture. Mix well after each addition.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Take small amounts of dough (about 1 Tbs) and shape into little loaves.
- Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Dip each cookie loaf into the milk and then roll in sesame seeds until well coated.
- Place on oiled cookie sheet and bake at 375F for 20 minutes or until browned.
- Remove from the tray and allow to cool.
Note: These cookies are great after a meal. They go well with coffee or anisette. Shhhh, don't tell anyone, they also make a good breakfast cookie. There's less sugar in these cookies than some breakfast cereals.
You Should Also Read:
Biscotti dei Fantasmi -- Ghost Cookies Recipe
Frappe : Sweet Fried Pastry
Zeppole - Fried Pastries
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Paula Laurita. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Paula Laurita. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cinzia Aversa for details.