This frittata recipe features healthy zucchini, but also has a fresh hint of lemon.
Frittata all Sardegnola
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, unpeeled and diced 1/2" x 1/2"
- 2 Tbs bread crumbs
- 3 Tbs milk
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 6 eggs
- 2 Tbs butter
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- Bring the water and salt to a boil in a small pan.
- Blanch the zucchini by dropping it into the water and boiling for 2 minutes.
- Remove the zucchini and drain in a colander.
- In a large bowl soak the milk in the bread crumbs for 5 minutes.
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the shallot and cook until translucent. Remove from heat.
- Add to the bowl with the bread and milk the zucchini, Parmesan cheese, and lemon peel. Mix well.
- In a bowl lightly beat the eggs.
- Stir the eggs into the zucchini-bread crumb mixture.
- Add the shallot.
- Melt the butter in the skillet over medium heat.
- Add the egg-zucchini mixture to the skillet and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes. The eggs should still be moist.
- Place the skillet under the broiler for 1 minute to brown the top.
- Serve at once.