Zucchini Frittata - Frittata all Sardegnola
This frittata recipe features healthy zucchini, but also has a fresh hint of lemon.
Frittata all Sardegnola
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, unpeeled and diced 1/2" x 1/2"
- 2 Tbs bread crumbs
- 3 Tbs milk
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 6 eggs
- 2 Tbs butter
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- Bring the water and salt to a boil in a small pan.
- Blanch the zucchini by dropping it into the water and boiling for 2 minutes.
- Remove the zucchini and drain in a colander.
- In a large bowl soak the milk in the bread crumbs for 5 minutes.
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the shallot and cook until translucent. Remove from heat.
- Add to the bowl with the bread and milk the zucchini, Parmesan cheese, and lemon peel. Mix well.
- In a bowl lightly beat the eggs.
- Stir the eggs into the zucchini-bread crumb mixture.
- Add the shallot.
- Melt the butter in the skillet over medium heat.
- Add the egg-zucchini mixture to the skillet and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes. The eggs should still be moist.
- Place the skillet under the broiler for 1 minute to brown the top.
- Serve at once.
You Should Also Read:
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2023 by Paula Laurita. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Paula Laurita. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cinzia Aversa for details.