Hmmmm, the sharp flavor of blue cheese works wonderfully well with the onion and potato. It's a sophisticated take on vegetarian frittata.
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 3 onions, frenched*
- 8 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 cup Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1 Tbs thyme leaves
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- In a large skillet heat the butter and olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions and potatoes to the pan and stir.
- Cook the onions and potatoes for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a bowl mix the eggs, milk, and pepper until frothy.
- Pour the egg mixture over onions and potatoes and cover.
- Cook the frittata for 5-6 minutes or until it is almost set.
- Sprinkle the Gorgonzola cheese and thyme over the frittata.
- To finish cooking, place the frittata under the broiler for 1 minute.
- Allow the frittata to rest for 5 minutes before cutting.
*--To "french" is to cut into long, thin strips before cooking. For example, "french fries" are potatoes that are cut into strips and then fried.