Why wait until Halloween have a party? This is the first of two articles on the special and wacky holidays for the month of October. Pick one or more and throw a party or send a card. No matter what special or whacky day to celebrate it’s sure to be fun.
1. World Vegetarian Day – Vegetarian Awareness day.
2. National Custodial Worker Day – A day to thank those who keep your
2. Name Your Car Day – What’s your car’s name?
3. Techies Day – Thank all your techie friends and office mates.
3. Virus Appreciation Day – Should be renamed Virus Awareness and
3. World Smile Day - first Friday of month. Smile and spread a little
4. International Frugal Fun Day - first Saturday of the month. This is a
day to enjoy free and inexpensive activities.
4 National Golf Day – How about 18 holes or even some miniature golf?
4. National Frappe Day – Enjoy a Frappe today and celebrate!
5. Do Something Nice Day – Another good day to spread some kindness.
5. Oktoberfest in Germany – Date varies. It’s a two week festival, held
in Munich, Bavaria, Germany. Eat, drink and be merry!
5. World Teacher's Day – If you can read this thank a teacher.
6. Come and Take it Day - Is the day to reach out for it and take it.
Use your imagination, but if the taking includes a person, get permission
6. Mad Hatter Day – It’s silly celebrity celebration day. Put on a Top
Hat and celebrate.
6. Physician Assistant Day – Send them a card. Thank them for their
7. Bald and Free Day – If you’re bald or no someone who is, this day is
for you. Have fun.
8. American Touch Tag Day – Time to head outside and play tag. You’re it!
8 Emergency Nurses Day – Date varies. – A day to appreciate emergency
9. Curious Events Day – Find an odd out of the way event and throw a
party to commemorate it.
9. Fire Prevention Day – Review fire safety today.
9. Leif Erikson Day – The Nordic explorer. Be adventurous today.
10. National Angel Food Cake Day – Celebrate. Bake a cake today.
10. World Egg Day – Second Friday of month. Make your favorite egg dish
11. It's My Party Day – Why wait for Halloween? Party today.
11. Take Your Teddy Bear to Work Day – Get your work buddies together
and have fun. If it falls on a week end, just cuddle with your furry
friend and watch T.V.
12. Cookbook Launch Day – Join a cook book launch group or buy a
cookbook today and cook up something fun.
12. Old Farmer's Day – A day to honor and celebrate our farmers, the
ones who bring us the harvest.
12. Moment of Frustration Day – Find a constructive way to vent your
frustration and release some tension.
13. Columbus Day – Or Discoverer’s Day is the second Monday of month.
Discover some fun today.
13. International Skeptics Day – Or the first Friday the 13th of the
year. Party with a skeptic today.
14. National Dessert Day – Fill your day with your favorite yummy
treats. After all a dessert is a party in and of itself.
15. White Cane Safety Day – A day to recognize the achievements of the
blind and the visually impaired.
This is just a partial list of reasons to celebrate in October. Be sure to read October Holidays Part Two for more reasons to celebrate. There’s always cause for celebration!