Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Why wait until Halloween have a party? This is the first of two articles on the special and wacky holidays for the month of October. Pick one or more and throw a party or send a card. No matter what special or whacky day to celebrate it’s sure to be fun.
1. World Vegetarian Day – Vegetarian Awareness day.
2. National Custodial Worker Day – A day to thank those who keep your
2. Name Your Car Day – What’s your car’s name?
3. Techies Day – Thank all your techie friends and office mates.
3. Virus Appreciation Day – Should be renamed Virus Awareness and
3. World Smile Day - first Friday of month. Smile and spread a little
4. International Frugal Fun Day - first Saturday of the month. This is a
day to enjoy free and inexpensive activities.
4 National Golf Day – How about 18 holes or even some miniature golf?
4. National Frappe Day – Enjoy a Frappe today and celebrate!
5. Do Something Nice Day – Another good day to spread some kindness.
5. Oktoberfest in Germany – Date varies. It’s a two week festival, held
in Munich, Bavaria, Germany. Eat, drink and be merry!
5. World Teacher's Day – If you can read this thank a teacher.
6. Come and Take it Day - Is the day to reach out for it and take it.
Use your imagination, but if the taking includes a person, get permission
6. Mad Hatter Day – It’s silly celebrity celebration day. Put on a Top
Hat and celebrate.
6. Physician Assistant Day – Send them a card. Thank them for their
7. Bald and Free Day – If you’re bald or no someone who is, this day is
for you. Have fun.
8. American Touch Tag Day – Time to head outside and play tag. You’re it!
8 Emergency Nurses Day – Date varies. – A day to appreciate emergency
9. Curious Events Day – Find an odd out of the way event and throw a
party to commemorate it.
9. Fire Prevention Day – Review fire safety today.
9. Leif Erikson Day – The Nordic explorer. Be adventurous today.
10. National Angel Food Cake Day – Celebrate. Bake a cake today.
10. World Egg Day – Second Friday of month. Make your favorite egg dish
11. It's My Party Day – Why wait for Halloween? Party today.
11. Take Your Teddy Bear to Work Day – Get your work buddies together
and have fun. If it falls on a week end, just cuddle with your furry
friend and watch T.V.
12. Cookbook Launch Day – Join a cook book launch group or buy a
cookbook today and cook up something fun.
12. Old Farmer's Day – A day to honor and celebrate our farmers, the
ones who bring us the harvest.
12. Moment of Frustration Day – Find a constructive way to vent your
frustration and release some tension.
13. Columbus Day – Or Discoverer’s Day is the second Monday of month.
Discover some fun today.
13. International Skeptics Day – Or the first Friday the 13th of the
year. Party with a skeptic today.
14. National Dessert Day – Fill your day with your favorite yummy
treats. After all a dessert is a party in and of itself.
15. White Cane Safety Day – A day to recognize the achievements of the
blind and the visually impaired.
This is just a partial list of reasons to celebrate in October. Be sure to read October Holidays Part Two for more reasons to celebrate. There’s always cause for celebration!
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2014 by Jana Taylor. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Jana Taylor. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Jana Taylor for details.
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.