- Dinner Train/Murder Mystery - Climb aboard for a leisurely
- Improv Comedy Club - An Improv Comedy club is a great date
- Catch a Train or Drive - Make a trip to a nearby city, one youíre
- Themed picnic - Choose a theme, like the1950ís, a color themed
- Stroll in the Park - Pick a park with a nice trail. Put on your
- Cosmic Bowling - Rock those pins in retro style. Loud music, laser
- Community Calendar Check out your local community calendar.
- Laser Tag - Itís great for a playful date as long as itís all done
- Amusement Park - Head out to an amusement park (pack some
- Zip Line - Take a zip line tour or buy a zip line kit and build one
- Skydiving Simulator Go belly first into a skydiving simulator. Itís
- Themed Date Night - Have a Black and White date night. Grab a
- Go on a Tour - Take a walking tour or riding guided tour.
- Magical Mystery Tour - Book a mystery vacation. Itís a surprise.
- Throw Together Potluck - This can be for two or more. Itís a potluck
- Botanical Gardens - Plan a trip to the local botanical gardens. Itís
- Film Festival - Order some of your favorite movies or check out
- Camp in Your Own Backyard - Pitch a tent, grab your sleeping
- Go Geocaching - Go on a real-world, GPS-enabled, outdoor
- Triathlon of Fun - Pick three activities you both enjoy and compete
dinner or for dinner and a murder! You might also consider a murder
mystery party, if you canít find a train. Theyíre both great fun. Iíve
done them both and had a great time!
night idea. Thereís lots of laughs and you can become part of the
action and fun! Great date.
not familiar with. Have dinner, see the sites, go to a flea market or
antique mall. Or do something that is unique to that area.
picnic or a nature loverís picnic. Gather your picnic supplies, your
blanket and of course the food then get out there and make some date
comfortable clothes, grab a backpack, your drinks, some snacks (or
pack a lunch for a long trip) and explore nature together.
lights, disco lights, black lights, runway lights and haze machines
pumping out fog will make for an interesting time bowling.
See what kinds of events are happening around town. Check for the
free events such as live music, art festivals, nature and gardening
shows and whole lot more.
in fun. It can be done inside or out or with your friends.
snacks if you want) and make a day of it. Make sure to take your hat
and sun screen!
in your backyard. Either way it would be a date to remember.
a safe way to test your wings without having to jump from an airplane. A
flying fun date.
couple of old black and white movies, break out the snacks and
popcorn for an evening of fun. Put out all your black and white
decorations, pearls, platters, etc. You could also make favorite dishes
from that era instead of the standard movie fare.
If itís during Halloween try a ghostly tour. There are many different
types and themes for every taste.
You donít know where youíre going until you arrive at the airport. You
give the company your information Ė budget, likes, dislikes, etc., and
they book a mystery vacation for you.
challenge. Each participant puts together dishes made only with food
on hand. Itís a good way to let your creative chef out.
a relaxing way to enjoy the different gardens and learn about nature.
Some also have entertainment.
some DVDís from the library. You can also invite friends to add more fun
and have them bring movies as well. Fix some snacks and settle in for an
afternoon or evening of movie watching fun.
bags, and head to your backyard. Bring along lighting, easy to handle
games and anything else that would be fun. Itís free and an easy and
fun date night.
treasure hunt. Youíll go to a specific set of GPS coordinates and then
attempt to find the geocache (container) hidden at that location.
in a 'triathloní. Things to do could be eating your favorite candy,
playing a favorite video game and swimming. The skyís the limit.
These date night ideas are just the beginning. Some can be done for free others require some planning but all have the potential for fun and many wonderful memories. You may not like everything on this list but thereís sure to be at least one or two date ideas that youíd like to try. Dive in and have fun!
PsstÖBe sure to take lots of pictures!