This ham and cheese frittata is easy to make and perfect for those following Adkins, South Beach, or other low carb plans.
- 5 eggs
- 1 Tbs water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 cup frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 2/3 cup roasted red bell peppers, julliened
- 1 1/4 cup ham, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup sharp Provolone cheese, shredded
- Beat the eggs, water, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Mix in the broccoli, ham, and bell peppers.
- In a large, oven proof skillet or pan heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and cook for 6 to 7 minutes, until the eggs are set around the edges.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle the cheese over the eggs.
- Place the pan under the broiler and cook until the eggs are set in the center and the cheese is melted (about 2 minutes).
- Remove from the oven and allow the frittata to stand for 5 minutes before serving.