This recipe is a fantastic antipasto dish, meatless meal, or fun salad to serve at a luncheon or picnic. It's lovely served on a bed of lettuce.
This recipe uses a food processor to do the work for you. It's an easy, light meal for the end of the week.
- 1 shallot, quartered
- 2 green onions or scallions
- 2 cups stuffed green olives
- 1 cup provolone cheese, cut into large cubes
- mustard vinaigrette
- 1 head Romaine lettuce
- Using the metal blade in a food processor, add the olives to the work bowl. Process by pulsing until the scallions and shallots are coarsley chopped.
- Add the shallots and pulse again until the shallots are chopped.
- Remove the metal blade and insert the shredding disk.
- Place the cheese in the feeding tube and shred the cheese.
- Place the olive-cheese mixture in a mixing bowl and toss with mustard vinaigrette.
- Wash and dry the Romaine lettuce leaves. Place the leaves on a plate. Top with an ice cream scoop size portion of salad.