Italian Olive and Cheese Salad Recipe
This recipe is a fantastic antipasto dish, meatless meal, or fun salad to serve at a luncheon or picnic. It's lovely served on a bed of lettuce.
This recipe uses a food processor to do the work for you. It's an easy, light meal for the end of the week.
- 1 shallot, quartered
- 2 green onions or scallions
- 2 cups stuffed green olives
- 1 cup provolone cheese, cut into large cubes
- mustard vinaigrette
- 1 head Romaine lettuce
- Using the metal blade in a food processor, add the olives to the work bowl. Process by pulsing until the scallions and shallots are coarsley chopped.
- Add the shallots and pulse again until the shallots are chopped.
- Remove the metal blade and insert the shredding disk.
- Place the cheese in the feeding tube and shred the cheese.
- Place the olive-cheese mixture in a mixing bowl and toss with mustard vinaigrette.
- Wash and dry the Romaine lettuce leaves. Place the leaves on a plate. Top with an ice cream scoop size portion of salad.
You Should Also Read:
Goat Cheese with Basil and Sun-Dried Tomatoes Recipe
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Paula Laurita. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Paula Laurita. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cinzia Aversa for details.